Travel and holiday guide

Turkey and the World of Travel and Holiday Guide

Sohbet odalarına girmek için aşağıdaki linklere tıklayınız.

Getting My Visa Extension in Boracay, Philippines

Today, I had to go to the immigration office because my visa was about to expire. Unfortunately, most foreigners only get 21 days in the Philippines. Remember NOT to pass the 21 days or you will be fined. I had a friend who was over a week late on getting his visa extension and had to pay 1,000 pesos ($22.50USD). On top of that, the next time he came to the Philippines he was questioned about why he was late getting the extension and they told him to show proof of his return ticket because of it. Lumiere then showed them proof of his return ticket on his computer, but they then asked for a hard-copy of the return ticket. He didn't have one and the immigration worker was kind enough to let him pass anyway.
The immigration office is located near D-Mall, but we ended up getting lost trying to find it. Lumiere asked a security guard at Boracay Resort and he told us it was about 5 minutes from where we were. We ended up finding the immigration office after walking on the same street as D-Mall. The immigration office is located in the same building as Nervana Beach Resort. It was about 3:30 PM when we arrived and there were already a few people inside. We sat in the comfortable chairs and waited for our turn.
There was only one person working in the counter so I see how it could get busy. It seemed a bit disorganized since there was no actual queue. I was called up after Lumiere and I took a seat and the immigration officer asked me for my passport. She looked for my stamp showing the date I entered the Philippines and told me I needed to make copies of the passport page and the stamp. There was also an immigration form I had to fill out.
I went over to the printing place with Lumiere. To get there, make a left when you walk out of the immigration building and look for D-Mall on your left hand side. Continue walking down the street for about 5 minutes and you will see a place where you can do printing. They took my passport and made copies of the pages. One of the girls working at the print shop looked at me and said something in Tagalog. She then told me "She thinks you're handsome." Pointing to the girl working the front counter. She was pretty cool really short and petite. She was then making comments about how the girl working at the front counter liked my nose and my smile. "Wow" I thought to myself.
When I finished my printing, I made sure to write down my phone number and give it to her on a piece of paper. She smiled and the other girl working next to her had a surprised look on her face. I told her "Give me a call sometime." She looked at me and smiled. I usually don't leave girls my phone number, but I decided to try it this time. I'll let you know if she gives me a message.
Finally, I walked back to the immigration office and there were SO MANY PEOPLE... I found out later most of them were waiting on their passport. There also wasn't a proper queue, and I spoke to two Western girls and told them they would need to make copies of their passport page for the entry stamp. So make sure to do that before you even go to the immigration office to avoid the hassle. I then gave the immigration lady my passport, the immigration document, and the copies from my passport. She said "that will be 3,050 pesos ($68.50 USD)." I got the money and gave it to her. She then told me I would have to pick up the passport tomorrow.

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder